Supplementing the needs of HUSKY B Children and Youth
What is HUSKY PLUS
- HUSKY Plus provides supplemental coverage of goods and services for HUSKY B members whose medical needs go beyond what HUSKY B provides. HUSKY Plus members are medically eligible children with intensive physical health needs or who are Children and Youth with Special Health Care Needs (CYSHCN)
- The HUSKY A Benefit package includes services available to CYSHCN as part of the regular package of covered services
- HUSKY Plus services are available to children in HUSKY B; the income guidelines are the same
Who are Children/Youth with Special Health Care Needs?
CYSHCN are those who have or are at increased risk for chronic physical, developmental, behavioral, or emotional conditions and who also require health and related services of a type or amount beyond that required by children generally.
HUSKY Plus Covered Services
HUSKY Plus services are not covered under the regular HUSKY B plan. HUSKY Plus is available when HUSKY B services run out. HUSKY Plus services have to be authorized before a child received them. Our nurses can help you with the authorization. Supplemental coverage under HUSKY Plus includes:
- Case management services
- Long Term Rehabilitation:
- Physical Therapy: two times per week;
- Occupational Therapy: one visit per week;
- Speech Therapy: one visit per week;
- Home Health Care: for Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy and Speech Therapy
- Medical and Surgical Supplies: Supplies for incontinence (diapers and pull ups for children over 3 years old)
- Durable medical equipment:
- A motorized wheelchair every 5 years
- Orthotic Devices: limited to foot rotation bars and hallux valgus splints
- Hearing Aids:
- For children 12 and under, cost over HUSKY B $1,000 allowance for hearing aids in a 24 month period.
- For children 13 years of age and older, hearing aid(s), hearing aids repairs, dispensing fee, ear molds, batteries and repairs (outside of warranty) in a 24 month period.
HUSKY Plus staff are part of the same HUSKY Health team that coordinates the rest of your child medical needs.
Families do not have to change their child’s current health care providers. HUSKY Plus staff works closely with primary care providers & specialists who are part of the HUSKY Health network throughout Connecticut.
There are no co-pays, no deductibles and no additional premiums for HUSKY Plus services.
To contact HUSKY Plus
For more information, call:
HUSKY Health Member Engagement Services, 1-800-859-9889
Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Content Last Modified on 4/2/2019 11:31:19 AM