CAD Standards Pilot
Supported by AEC Applications
Aerial photos and LiDAR data
Publishing and Printing
What are the benefits for using OpenRoads?
Advantages of using OpenRoads Technology include enhanced conceptual design tools as well as the ability to make design decisions while building dynamic models. The interactive, dynamic, intelligent modeling of roadway components enables users to create information-rich models.
- ensure project engineering accuracy with embedded design intent that maintains associations and relationships between civil elements; object information, including how, where, and by what method it was created, is stored with each object to ensure the original intent is retained and honored in the design;
- facilitate better design decisions with design-time visualization that enables users to view designs at any time, on demand, within the modeling workflow; no translations, software, or special workflow processes are needed;
- improve design quality via immersive modeling by combining plan, profile, and cross-section workflows with innovative 3D modeling technology; the further addition of parametric design features that allow users to incorporate rules, relationships, and constraints into the modeling workflow provides incomparable modeling capabilities;
- increase productivity with integrated corridor and site design so that sites can now automatically respond to any modifications to corridor conditions; since all aspects of the design are stored in the model, relationships in the design are automatically recognized by other objects;
- Accelerate design production with civil cell functionality that helps engineers repurpose common 2D and 3D geometric configurations in design layouts; design, constraint, and relational intelligence are maintained between elements to ensure design standards.
Requests for additional information or
comments should be addressed to:
William S. Pratt, P.E.
Transportation Principal Engineer
Content Last Modified on 3/28/2019 10:15:57 AM