CONNECTICUT DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION
2800 BERLIN TURNPIKE P.O. BOX 317546
NEWINGTON CONNECTICUT, 06131-7546
|FOR RELEASE: January 29, 2018
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION:
OFFICE OF COMMUNICATIONS
TELEPHONE: (860) 594-3062
FAX: (860) 594-3065
I-84 Waterbury Construction Update
I-84 Westbound Closure and Detour at Exit 23 Off-Ramp
The Connecticut Department of Transportation is announcing that there will be an I-84 westbound closure and detour at the Exit 23 off-ramp, for three nights, to facilitate structural steel installation on the Hamilton Avenue Bridge.
I-84 westbound detour at westbound Exit 23 off-ramp details are as follows:
- Dates: Tuesday through Thursday nights, January 30 through February 1
- Time: from 11:00 PM to 5:00 AM
- Exit WB I-84 via WB Exit 23 off-ramp
- Right at the end of the ramp onto Hamilton Avenue
- Straight onto Union Street (Hamilton Avenue becomes Union Street)
- Stay in left lanes on Union Street for ramp to re-enter WB I-84 (towards Danbury)
Lane closures on I-84 WB will be in effect on the above dates from 9:30 PM to 11:00 PM, and from 5:00 AM to 6:00 AM.
If inclement weather causes postponement, work will be done the following night.
The Connecticut Department of Transportation is working to inform local residents of current and upcoming construction activities through project newsletters, press notices, travel alerts, social media, as well as the I-84 Waterbury project website. If you have any questions related to construction, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Content Last Modified on 1/29/2018 3:48:23 PM