CONNECTICUT DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION
2800 BERLIN TURNPIKE P.O. BOX 317546
NEWINGTON CONNECTICUT, 06131-7546
|FOR RELEASE: April 7, 2016
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION:
OFFICE OF COMMUNICATIONS
TELEPHONE: (860) 594-3062
FAX: (860) 594-3065
Rehabilitation of Society Road Bridge over I-95 in East Lyme
Lane Closures and Detours Scheduled
Interstate 95 northbound and southbound near Exit 73 will be reduced nightly to one lane from April 11 through April 15, 2016 and April 18 through April 22, 2016, between the hours of 7 PM and 6 AM. In addition, Interstate 95 will be closed and detoured nightly between 1 AM and 3 AM.
The lane closures and detours are required to facilitate the installation and splicing of structural steel girders as part of the bridge rehabilitation project.
DETOUR INFO (detour signs will be posted to guide motorists):
- I-95 northbound traffic will be directed to Exit 71. Turn right onto Four Mile River Road, take right onto Route 1, continue straight past Route 161 then take ramp on left back onto I-95 northbound.
- I-95 southbound traffic will be directed to Exit 75 (Route 1). Continue straight past Route 161, take left at Four Mile River Road, take ramp on right back onto I-95 southbound.
The following exits will be CLOSED during the detour:
- I-95 SB Exit 75 On-Ramp (Rte 1 – East Lyme)
- I-95 SB Exit 74 On-Ramp (Rte 161 – East Lyme)
- I-95 SB Exit 72 On-Ramp (Rocky Neck Connector – East Lyme)
- I-95 NB Exit 72 On-Ramp (Rocky Neck Connector – East Lyme)
- I-95 NB Exit 71 On-Ramp (Four Mile River Road – Old Lyme)
The following exits will be OPEN during the detour:
- I-95 SB Exit 73 On-Ramp (Society Road – East Lyme)
- I-95 NB Exit 73 On-Ramp (Society Road – East Lyme)
DOT Project No. 0044-0152 was awarded to New England Road, Inc. at a cost of $5,275,452.50 on July 31, 2014 and is scheduled to be completed August 2016.
Content Last Modified on 4/7/2016 2:14:10 PM