CONNECTICUT DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION
2800 BERLIN TURNPIKE P.O. BOX 317546
NEWINGTON CONNECTICUT, 06131-7546
|FOR RELEASE: June 30, 2015
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION:
OFFICE OF COMMUNICATIONS
TELEPHONE: (860) 594-3062
FAX: (860) 594-3065
Nighttime Ramp Closures Scheduled for Pavement Preservation at the Interstate 95 and Route 7 Interchange in the City of Norwalk
The Connecticut Department of Transportation is announcing the following overnight ramp closures to allow for paving and bridge joint repairs:
- Rte. 7 SB to I-95 NB, on June 30, 2015 from 9:00 pm to 6:00 am
- I-95 Exit 15 SB, on July 01, 2015 from 8:00 pm. to 6:00 am.
- Rte. 7 SB to West Avenue, on July 6, 2015 from 8:00 pm. to 6:00 am.
- I-95 NB Exit 15 to Rte. 7 NB, on July 7, 2015 from 9:00 pm. to 6:00 am.
- I-95 Exit 15 on Ramp NB from West Avenue, on July 8 & 9, 2015, from 9:00 pm. to 6:00 am.
This work is part of the pavement preservation project along 1-95. The project begins at Exit 10 and ends at Exit 15 in both the Northbound and Southbound directions. The project consists of micro milling 2.5” of the wearing surface and replacing it with 3” of Polymer Modified Asphalt. All ramps within the project will also have the top 2” of wearing surface replaced.
CTDOT Project No. 35-195 was awarded to O&G Industries, Inc. of Torrington CT on March 17, 2015 at a cost of $14,488,177.50 with an official start date of April 30, 2015 and an anticipated completion date in November, 2015.
Motorists should be aware that modifications or extensions to this schedule may become necessary due to weather delays or other unforeseen conditions. Motorists are advised to maintain a safe speed when driving in this vicinity.
Content Last Modified on 6/30/2015 12:36:27 PM