CONNECTICUT DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION
2800 BERLIN TURNPIKE P.O. BOX 317546
NEWINGTON CONNECTICUT, 06131-7456
|FOR RELEASE: March 27, 2009
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION:
OFFICE OF COMMUNICATIONS
TELEPHONE: (860) 594-3062
FAX: (860) 594-3065
Mast Arm and Traffic Signal Equipment Replacement at Various Locations on Various Routes in the Towns of Granby, New Britain, Plainville, and Windsor Locks
The Department of Transportation is announcing that beginning April 1, 2009, traffic will be impacted at various intersections in various towns as listed:
- Granby - intersection Routes 10, 202 & Route 189
- New Britain - intersection Route 9 S.B. off ramp @ Route 174
- New Britain - intersection Route 9 S.B. off ramp @ Chestnut St
- New Britain - intersection Route 71 @ Route 72 E.B.
- Windsor locks - intersection Rail Road Crossing Route 75 @ CT Air National Guard Dr.
- Windsor Lock - intersection Rail Road Crossing Route 75 @ Choice Vend R.R. Siding.
Various lane closures may exist between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. This will allow the Contractor to install mast arm foundations, underground conduits, traffic signal equipment, roadway line striping and new signing.
Local Municipal Police Department personnel will assist in maintaining traffic operations.
The contract was awarded to A.M. Rizzo Electrical Contractors, Inc. of Danbury, Connecticut at an estimated cost of $949,703.15. The contract is scheduled to be completed in August 2009.
Motorists are urged to obey the posted speed limit and to use caution through these and all other construction work zones.
Content Last Modified on 3/27/2009 10:21:25 AM