DOB: Online Complaint Form

Consumer Assistance

The Department of Banking can assist you with any inquiry, but only accepts complaints concerning entities we regulate.  Please see also Issues Handled by Other Regulatory Agencies for a listing of federal or state agencies that handle complaints concerning financial institutions the Department of Banking does not supervise.  Please use the online form below to submit a complaint to the Department:

Online Consumer Assistance Form

Already have a complaint filed with us?  Click here to provide additional information regarding your existing complaint.

Para Hacer su Queja En Español


The chart below includes common issues that the Department's Consumer Affairs unit handles.  Visit those links for resources that may provide additional information to assist you with your complaint.

{Issues with Products}

{Issues with Loans}
{Issues with Other Financial Services}

Issues Handled by Other Regulatory Agencies

The Department of Banking does not regulate all financial institutions in Connecticut.  If we do not have the regulatory authority to address your concern, the following links may help:

Federally Chartered Banks:

Office of the Comptroller of the Currency
Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation

Federally Chartered Credit Unions:

National Credit Union Administration 

Credit Card Companies:

Consumer Finance Protection Bureau

Professional Trade Licenses (Real Estate Agents, Appraisers, Contractors, etc.):

Connecticut Department of Consumer Protection

Utilities and Billing Disputes:

Public Utilities Regulatory Authority (PURA)

Insurance Complaints:

Internet Business and Fraud Complaints:

FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3)
Federal Trade Commission - Consumer Sentinel Network

Federal Communications Commission (FCC):

FCC Complaint Center


Para Hacer su Queja En Español:

Un formulario para ayuda a clientes esta disponible para bajar del internet para ayudarlo a resumir su queja por escrito.  Favor de completar este formulario (o escribanos una carta) y envía por correo al Department of Banking, Government Relations & Consumer Affairs, 260 Constitution Plaza, Hartford, CT 06103-1800. También puede enviar por telefacsímil a la agencia al (860) 240-8167.

El formulario en Espanol (pdf, 125 KB)