Regional Behavioral Health Action Organizations (RBHAOs)
In order to maximize resources and improve integration related to mental health and substance use program planning, training, advocacy and resource development, DMHAS reorganized the Regional Mental Health Boards (RMHBs) and Regional Action Councils (RACs). In February 2018, five Regional Behavioral Health Action Organizations (RBHAOs) were awarded through a competitive Request for Proposal Process.
The RBHAOs will continue to perform the statutory functions of the RMHBs and the RACs as strategic community partners who will work across the behavioral healthcare continuum. Each RBHAO will be responsible for a range of planning, education, and advocacy of behavioral health needs and services for children and adults within one of DMHAS’ Uniform Regions.
- Assess the behavioral health needs of children, adolescents and adults across the regions.
- Develop Regional Strategic Plans to include priority recommendations for prevention, treatment and recovery services.
- Administer the Local Prevention Council (LPC) grants to municipalities to stimulate the development and implementation of prevention activities.
- Build the capacity of local communities to understand and address problem gambling.
- Raise awareness and provide advocacy to the general public related to mental health promotion and substance abuse prevention, treatment and recovery.
- Leverage funds to support prevention, treatment and recovery activities across each region.
- Maintain the statutory requirements for meetings and membership for the organization.
- Serve on local, regional and statewide advisory and planning bodies.
- Provide naloxone (Narcan) training and kit distribution to communities.
List of RBHAOs
Region 1: The Hub: Behavioral Health Action Organization for Southwestern CT, A Program of RYASAP
, Giovanna Mozzo, MSW & Margaret Watt, MPH, MA
Region 2: Alliance for Prevention Wellness – BHCare
, Pamela A. Mautte MS, MCHES, CPS-R
Region 3: Southeastern Regional Action Council (SERAC)
, Michele Devine
Region 4: North Central Regional Mental Health Board, Inc.
, Marcia Dufore
Region 5: Housatonic Valley Coalition Against Substance Abuse
, Allison Fulton, CPS
Funding Period: March 1, 2018 to June 30, 2021
Content Last Modified on 8/5/2019 3:10:01 PM