National Prevention Week 2019
Inspiring Action. Changing Lives.
May 12-18, 2019
National Prevention Week is an annual health observance dedicated to increasing public awareness of, and action around, substance abuse and mental health issues.
Monday, May 13, 2019
- CT National Prevention Week Forum, Monday, May 13, 2019, 5:00PM, New Britain Museum of American Art, 56 Lexington Street, New Britain
- Naloxone Training, Monday, May 13, 2019, 10:30AM, Positive Directions - The Center for Prevention and Counseling, 90 Post Road West, Westport
- New Britain Opioid Taskforce Workshop, Monday, May 13, 2019, 1:00PM, New Britain Public Library Community Room - Ground Floor, 20 High Street, New Britain
- Family Night, Monday, May 13, 2019, 5:30PM, United Way, 283 Stoddards Wharf Road, Gales Ferry
- Preventing Prescription and Opioid Drug Misuse, Monday, May 13, 2019, 7:00PM, Conard High School Library, 110 Beechwood Road, West Hartford
- Hidden in Plain Sight, Monday, May 13, 2019, 7:00PM, Westport Police Department, 50 Jesup Road, Westport
- Preventing Underage Drinking, Tuesday, May 14, 2019, 3:45PM, Conard High School Track Meet, 110 Beechwood Road, West Hartford
- Hidden in Plain Sight, Tuesday, May 14, 2019, 10:00AM, Westport Police Department, 50 Jesup Road, Westport
Wednesday, May 15, 2019
- Preventing Illicit Drug Use and Youth Marijuana Use, Wednesday, May 15, 2019, 6:30PM, Faxon Library Community Room, 1073 New Britain Avenue, West Hartford
- What are Teens Up To?, Wednesday, May 15, 2019, 7:00PM, Newtown Middle School, 11 Queen Street, Newtown
Thursday, May 16, 2019
- Health and Wellness Fair, Thursday, May 16, 2019, 11:00AM - 1:30PM, Connecticut State Capitol between North and East Entrances, 210 Capitol Avenue, Hartford
- Question, Persuade, Refer (QPR) Student Training, Wednesday, May 16, 2019, 11:15AM, The Morgan School, D Collab Room,71 Killingworth Turnpike, Clinton
- Question, Persuade, Refer (QPR) Training, Thursday, May 16, 2019, 12:00PM, Smilow Life Center, 55 Chestnut Street, Norwalk
- Prevent Youth Tobacco Use, Thursday, May 16, 2019, 3:45PM, Hall High School Lacrosse Game, 975 N. Main Street, West Hartford
- Power of Parents Workshop, Thursday, May 16, 2019, 6:00PM, Mystic & Noank Library, 40 Library Street, Mystic
Friday, May 17, 2019
- "You Can Lead" Peer-to-Peer Youth Summit, Friday, May 17, 2019, 8:30AM - 2:00PM, Goodwin College, 1 Riverside Drive, East Hartford
- Preventing Suicide, Friday, May 17, 2019, 7:00PM, West Hartford Teen Center, 1106 New Britain Avenue, West Hartford
- Preventing Suicide, Friday, May 17, 2019, 7:00PM, Veterans Memorial Ice Skating Rink, 56 Buena Vista Road, West Hartford
The planning committee for Connecticut's observance of National Prevention Week 2019 is hosting a video contest! We are looking for 30-second video Public Service Announcements that highlight the theme(s) of National Prevention Week.
The three primary goals of National Prevention Week are to:
- Involve communities in raising awareness about behavioral health issues and implementing prevention strategies;
- Foster partnerships and collaboration with federal agencies and national organizations dedicated to behavioral and public health; and
- Promote and disseminate quality behavioral health resources and publications.
Please click on the links below for the official rules, a Parent/Guardian Consent for participants under the age of 18 and the official Video Contest Submission Form.
All entries must be completed and received via email by 6:00 pm on Saturday, April 13, 2019.
National Prevention Week Themes
- Monday, May 13: Preventing Prescription and Opioid Drug Misuse
- Tuesday, May 14: Preventing Underage Drinking and Alcohol Misuse
- Wednesday, May 15: Preventing Illicit Drug Use and Youth Marijuana Use
- Thursday, May 16: Preventing Youth Tobacco Use
- Friday, May 17: Preventing Suicide
Content Last Modified on 5/14/2019 3:46:24 PM