Protecting Connecticut's Groundwater
A Guide for Local Officials
Protecting Connecticut's Groundwater - A Guide for Local Officials was written in 1997 by Robert Hust and James Murphy of the Department of Environmental Protection's Water Bureau. The Guide provides the tools needed to understand groundwater protection and to communicate its importance to other local officials and citizens.
- Part I - Understanding the Resource: Basic Concepts of Groundwater
- Part II - What are the Risks? Sources of Groundwater Contamination
- Part III - The Groundwater Partnership: Federal, State and Local Roles in Protecting Groundwater
- Part IV - Tools for Local Groundwater Management
- Part V - How to Develop a Local Groundwater Protection Plan
- Supplement A - Developing a Groundwater Protection Plan
- Supplement B - Assessing Land Use Risks
- Supplement C - Tools for Groundwater Protection
- Supplement D - Information Resources
Content last updated on May 14, 2009.