DEEP: Commercial Fishery Possession Limits

Commercial Fishery Possession Limits
December 20, 2018

Summer flounder
Effective immediately the commercial landing limit for summer flounder will be reduced to zero pounds. Vessels which departed on a trip prior to 1000 hours on December 20, 2018 may land the remained of their weekly limit (1,500 pounds) at the end of that trip.
The Department anticipates that approximately 100% of the quota allocated to Connecticut for 2018 has been harvested.

Black sea bass
Effective 0001 hours, Sunday December 23, 2018, the commercial landing limit for black sea bass will be reduced to zero pounds.
The Department anticipates that approximately 100% of the quota allocated to Connecticut for 2018, will be harvested by December 23rd.
For current commercial fishery trip limits and quota status:
Call 860-434-6374 24/7 for a recorded message of current possession limits, or see:

The Department monitors landings and adjusts trip limits according to Department regulations in an attempt to provide fishing opportunity throughout the year for all participants in the commercial fishery. In addition, the Department strives to provide advance notification of trip limit changes, although this may not always be possible due to rapidly escalating or unanticipated landings. In such circumstances, only a short notification period may be possible.

The information provided in this notice is a summary of possession limits only. For complete information on commercial fishing regulations please see:, or contact the DEEP Marine Fisheries Division by email at, by mail at PO Box 719, Old Lyme, CT 06371 or by telephone at 860.434.6043 between the hours of 8:30 AM and 4:30 PM, Monday through Friday.

The Connecticut Department of Energy and Environmental Protection is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to complying with the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act. Please contact us at (860) 418-5910 or if you: have a disability and need a communication aid or service; have limited proficiency in English and may need information in another language; or if you wish to file an ADA or Title VI discrimination complaint.