June 15, 2016
10:00 AM to 11:30
Present: Shelagh McClure,
Ada Suarez, Michelle Johnson, Brenda Stenglein, Jim Rosen
Staff: Daimar Ramos (DDS
Human Resources), Molly Cole, Peg Johnson
1. State Hiring Process: Daimar reviewed the components of
posting and filling the position.
- Complete the Position Vacancy Form and the
7 questions (Molly will do this, using the preferred skills with a few
additions, and the official job
description from the previous vacancy)
- Send to Department of Administrative
Services (Daimar will do)
- Then send to OPM ( Daimar will do)
- Once approved, the position is posted as
an open, competitive exam. When the exam
is posted, the Council can advertise-in state and nationally There will be one month from posting to closing date.
- At posting, we can also determine what
additional materials we want each candidate to submit. This can include a cover letter, two letters
of reference OR a service rating if the candidate is a state employee, and a
- DDS will also review the SEBAC list of
those who are laid off and notify those who may have the requisite skills or
experience to apply for this position.
- After the exam closes, DAS reviews
applicants and sends Daimar and the committee the names of those applicants who
meet the MINIMUM qualifications.
- Applicants are notified
- The position is then posted as vacant, but
only those who pre-qualified by completing the exam will be eligible to apply.
- The applicant list will then be sent to
2. Preferred skills: The committee reviewed the job
descriptions and determined that the “Additional Expected Qualifications “ that
Florida listed were comprehensive, and needed minimal additions and
editing. That edited list is attached to the minutes.
meeting: The committee will
meet in July to develop interview questions.
Molly will send out a meeting wizard.
Content Last Modified on 6/15/2016 7:59:22 PM