TRB: Voluntary Account

{Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)}

How do I initiate an Active Teacher Voluntary Account with CTRB?

As an active or inactive member of the Connecticut Teachers' Retirement System you may elect to contribute to a Voluntary Account.  Deposits into this account may be achieved in the following ways:

  • Authorization for Payroll Deductions (PDF 30KB).  Payment is withheld by your employer and transmitted to CTRB on a monthly basis.

  • Lump Sum Voluntary Payment (PDF 16KB).  Payment is made directly to CTRB.

  • Providing certain conditions are met - Direct Rollover (PDF 27KB) of pre-tax contributions from Another Qualified Employer Plan I.R.C. 401(a), Profit Sharing Plan I.R.C. 401(k), 403(b) Annuity or 403(b) Custodial Account, non-Roth Individual Retirement Account (IRA) I.R.C. 408, Deferred Compensation I.R.C. 457. 

For additional information on this topic, you should obtain the Voluntary Account Information Bulletin (PDF 36KB).

Content Last Modified on 5/14/2013 7:37:55 AM