TRB: How do I change my tax withholding?

{Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)}

How do I change my tax withholding?

You may change your tax election at any time by completing CTRB's Federal and CT Tax Withholding Change Form (PDF 26KB) and submitting it to this office.

If you would like to get an idea of what your federal withholding amount will be based on your marital status and number of withholding allowances, you may refer to the IRS Publication 15 (Circular E) (PDF 339KB).  Please note, the actual amount of your withholding may differ very slightly from the table since CTRB uses the "percentage method" of withholding.  

The Internal Revenue Service also offers a convenient online planning tool called the IRS Withholding Calculator.  The purpose of this computer program is to help ensure that you do not have too much or too little income tax withheld from your pay.  Many people will find it more accurate and easier to use than the worksheets that accompany Form W-4P.  You may use the results of this program to determine if you should adjust the amount of your withholding.  

Content Last Modified on 1/18/2012 2:55:45 PM