The “40 hours of practice driving” must be given by a “Qualified Trainer”. A Qualified Trainer must:
- be a person 20 years of age or older.
- have held a valid license for at least 4 consecutive years and received no suspensions within the last 4 years.
- Be either the spouse of married minor (16/17 year old), parent, grandparent, foster parent, legal guardian, if qualified.
- Or if none of the above are qualified to give training; the stepparent, brother, sister, uncle or aunt by blood or marriage, if otherwise qualified.
Responsibility of Home Training “Qualified Trainer”
At the time the teen applies for a driver’s license, the Home Training Qualified Trainer will be required to certify under penalty of false statement that:
- They meet the requirements to be a Qualified Trainer.
- The applicant has received the following training:
Content Last Modified on 4/24/2012 11:04:03 AM