Child & Adult Obesity Task Force
Section 16(a) of P.A. 09-148 creates a task force to study childhood and adult obesity. The task force shall examine evidence-based strategies for preventing and reducing obesity in children and adults and develop a comprehensive plan that will effectuate a reduction in obesity among children and adults.
- June 4, 2010, 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM EDT. This meeting will be conducted by conference call.
- April 23, 2010, 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM EDT
- Agenda - This meeting will be conducted by conference call. Call # 1-877-939-8822, Passcode=OBES
- Minutes - FINAL
- March 26, 2010, 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM EDT, Legislative Office Building, Room 1c, Hartford, CT 06106
- CANCELLED - March 5, 2010, 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM EST, CT Association of Non-Profits, 90 Brainard Road, Hartford
- Agenda - May be adjusted due to cancellation and rescheduling - check back for additional information on the rescheduled meeting!!
- Minutes - To Be Posted
- February 5, 2010, 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM EST, Connecticut Association of Non-Profits at 90 Brainard Rd, Hartford, CT
- Minutes - Final
- January 8, 2010, 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM EST, Legislative Office Building, Hartford, CT 06106, Room 1C
- End Hunger Connecticut, Brochure
- Federal Food Programs Overview
- Task Force Priorities List
- Presentation Hand Out - ConneCTing with Families for a Healthier Future, Cliff O'Callahan, MD, PhD, FAAP, Pediatric Faculty, Middlesex Hsopital Family Practice Residency, Director of Nurseries, Middlesex Hospital Chair, AAP Section on International Child Health
- November 6, 2009, 1:00 PM EST, Legislative Office Building, Hartford, CT 06106, Room 1C
- December 11, 2009, 1:00 PM EST, Legislative Office Building, Hartford, CT 06106, Room 1C
- Minutes - DRAFT
Here is a link to the recent obesity report released by the Surgeon General, the Surgeon General's Vision for a Healthy and Fit Nation: http://www.surgeongeneral.gov/library/obesityvision/obesityvision2010.pdf. The report includes a number of good recommendations on nutrition and physical activity, including for school wellness policies, child care settings, improving access to fruits and vegetables, reducing junk food marketing to children, and supporting walking and biking infrastructure.
Agenda, supportive documentation, and meeting summaries will be posted as made available and in accordance with State Meeting Requirements.
All members of the public are invited to attend.
For Questions about the Obesity Task Force or the meetings, please contact one of the Co-Chairs.
For general questions about the SustiNet Health Partnership, please email SustiNet@ct.gov
Content Last Modified on 7/13/2010 11:39:35 AM