Emergency Preparedness Planning
Guides and Information
Past Exercises as a Results of HMEP Grant Funded Projects
Planning Groups, Guides and Training Programs
The following emergency preparedness planning guides and links (appear in alphabetical order) are intended to assist local officials and community members in developing or updating local emergency response plans or assist in planning preparedness activities and training events:
- List of Training Opportunities.
- Citizen Corps - Provides opportunities for people to participate in a range of measures to make their families, their homes, and their communities safer from the threats of crime, terrorism, and disasters of all kinds.
- Community Emergency Response Teams (CERT) - Educates people about disaster preparedness for hazards that may affect their area and trains them in basic disaster response skills, such as fire safety, light search and rescue, team organization, and disaster medical operations.
- Commission on Fire Prevention and Control, Connecticut Fire Academy
- Emergency Response Guidebook for 2012 - A primary guide to aid first responders in quickly identifying the specific or generic classification of material(s) involved in the incident, and protecting themselves and the general public during the initial response phase of the incident.
- The National Association of SARA Title III Program Officials - The NASTTPO membership is dedicated to working together to prepare for possible emergencies and disasters involving hazardous materials, whether they are accidental releases or a result of terrorist acts.
- Response Plans & Guides - State of Connecticut Consequence Management Guide For Deliberately Caused Incidents Involving Chemical Agents.
Revitalize your LEPC - How to's and Forms.
- U.S. Census Bureau Home Page - Preparing for emergencies using census data.
- U.S. EPA and FEMA First Responder and Incident Commander Initial Tasks Checklist (PDF). Checklist includes a check list of things to do; call down lists; and a detailed report information format.
Content Last Updated June 4, 2012