Programs and Services
The State Emergency Response Commission (SERC) offers the following programs and services:
- Administers grants for planning and training activities that fall under emergency preparedness and emergency response roles and responsibilities.
- Maintains SERC Website and dedicated phone line to better serve LEPC members and the public.
- Coordinates hazardous materials training, education, technical assistance and outreach activities.
- Designates local emergency planning districts.
- Appoints and coordinates local emergency planning committees for each district.
- Maintains current list of LEPC memberships.
- Directs requests for information to the appropriate official and/or member of the LEPC.
- Establishes procedures for receiving and processing requests from the public for information about chemicals in their community and/or copies of chemical inventory forms and toxic release inventory forms.
- Acts as a repository for EPCRA Chemical Inventory forms and Extremely Hazardous Substance notifications from industry and municipalities.
Emergency Preparedness and Emergency Response Functions
- Increases state and local emergency response capabilities through preparedness planning activities and exercises.
- Promotes local emergency response plan annual updates.
- Participates in drills and exercises.
Content Last Updated on November 29, 2006