Amendments to the Reporting Requirements for
Emergency and Hazardous Chemical Inventory
On July 3, 2012, EPA amended the Emergency and Hazardous Chemical Inventory Forms under Section 312 of the Emergency Planning and Community Right-to-Know (EPCRA). The revisions:
- respond to stakeholder requests, EPA is proposing to add new data elements to the Tier II forms in an effort to make the forms more useful;
- make reporting easier for facilities;
- are intended to provide clarity in reporting; and
- may impose minimal reporting burden on facilities since the data elements proposed are readily available to the facility.
- rule becomes effective on January 1, 2014
EPA has decided to require faciities to comply with the new requirements on the Tier II inventory form
starting reporting year 2013, which is due by or on March 1, 2014. Tier2 Submit will be modified accordingly.
Content Last Updated on July 17, 2012