All natural gas utility filings submitted by the three local distribution companies: Connecticut Natural Gas Corporation, The Southern Connecticut Gas Company, and Yankee Gas Services Company are processed by the Public Utilities Regulatory Authority (PURA).
These filings include complex regulatory issues including:
- cost/rates of gas supply,
- volatility of gas prices,
- increased demand for gas,
- gas supply,
- constrained pipeline capacity into Connecticut,
- availability and relatively high cost of liquid natural gas (LNG),
- affiliate transactions,
- conservation of natural gas,
- transportation service,
- rate design, and
- revenue requirements.
PURA also handles all third-party gas supplier registrations.
View more information including gas supplier registration forms, distribution company tariffs, annual reports, Decisions, and filings in pending dockets.
Content last updated December 2011