LAW ENFORCEMENT TRAINING OPPORTUNITIES ALSO PROVIDED BY THESE AGENCIES:
- Department of Emergency Management and Homeland Security List of Training Opportunities for Law Enforcement
- Office of Policy and Management List of Training Opportunities for Law Enforcement
- FIELD TRAINING OFFICER CERTIFICATION COURSE - FAIRFIELD
- Fairfield is offering a FREE Basic 4-day Field Training Course, Monday, December 2-5, 2013 - Register by email to Lt. Michael Walsh: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 20 seats available on a 1st come/1st serve basis
- (PREA) - TRAINING FOR INVESTIGATORS: INVESTIGATING INCIDENTS OF SEXUAL ABUSE: The Prison Rape Elimination Act sets forth the federal requirements for the prevention, detection and response to sexual abuse in confinement facilities. The Moss Group, in conjunction with the PREA Resource Center, will be coming to Connecticut to provide specialized training on conducting sexual abuse investigations in confinement facilities. The training is geared to PREA Coordinators and individuals who will be conducting criminal and/or administrative sexual abuse investigations. The training will cover topics such as: Miranda and Garrity rights, trauma and victim response, agency culture and its impact on investigations, evidence collection, the forensic medical exam, and interviewing victims of sexual assault. This cross-agency training is being made available to representatives from the Judicial Branch, Department of Correction, Department of Children and Family, Connecticut State Police, municipal police departments and non-profit providers. The training is scheduled for December 9-11 at the Judicial Branch Training Academy located at 185 Main Street, New Britain.
Content Last Modified on 11/6/2013 1:56:14 PM