The goal of the Office of Finance is to strengthen the financial management, procurement, and contracting functions of State agencies.
To accomplish this goal, the Office of Finance:
Serves as an in-house advisor to OPM and the Governorís Office regarding the financial management, procurement, and contracting policies and practices of State agencies.
- Serves as a Director for the Core-CT project to implement and manage a statewide enterprise resource planning (ERP) system for all State agencies.
- Establishes procurement standards for State agencies to follow when entering into personal service agreements (PSA) and purchase of service (POS) contracts. Through the PSA|POS Request Website, reviews agency requests to enter into such agreements and contracts.
- Establishes policies for obtaining, managing, and evaluating the quality and cost-effectiveness of health and human services purchased by State agencies from private providers organizations and municipalities. Reviews and approves the procurement plans and schedules developed by State agencies for such purchase of service.
- Conducts reviews of State agency business operations and recommends improvements to their organizational structures, work processes, and staffing patterns.
- Establishes a new analytics and reporting tool State Analytical Reporting System (STARS) that presents data in report format and interactive dashboards.
policy and provides guidance to municipalities and other local governments in
the area of municipal
finance and provides technical assistance for, and ensures compliance with
the audit reporting requirements under the Municipal Auditing Act and State
Single Audit Act.
- Cost-Effectiveness Policy, Manual and Template
- Cost Benefit Analysis
For Further Information, Contact:
Robert Dakers, Executive Finance Officer, (860) 418-6422; firstname.lastname@example.org
Content Last Modified on 8/17/2017 11:33:46 AM