Adult Criminal Justice Policy and Planning Unit
The Adult Criminal Justice Policy and Planning Unit is responsible for planning interagency programs and coordinating policy development initiatives to improve Connecticut's criminal justice system and enhance community safety. The Unit plans and manages the allocation of federal grant funds to support initiatives and projects that use a coordinated multi-disciplinary approach to ensure victim safety, improve offender accountability and reduce re-victimization.
- Plan distribution of federal grant funds, technical assistance and other resources to aid local governments, state agencies and community based organizations in creating safer communities.
- Ensure project and program accountability through oversight and monitoring of grant funded activities.
- Assist grant projects in developing data collection processes to comply with federal grant program requirements and document outcomes.
- Assess cost effective strategies for reducing victimization and recidivism to support integration of planning and state budget development.
- Communicate the value and impact of criminal justice initiatives through progress updates posted on websites, publications and reports.
- Convene interagency forums and workgroups to assess emerging trends and issues.
- Develop an interagency resource for identifying and tracking information on federally funded criminal justice initiatives operating throughout the state.
Lisa Secondo, Policy and Planning Manager
Stephen Moniz, Lead Planning Analyst
Kristina Gonzalez, CCT Planning Analyst
Program and Financial information can be obtained through all unit staff.
This site provides information about adult criminal justice programs, policy initiatives and projects supported by the Office of Policy and Management with federal grants.
- Programs and Grants - Learn about the Unit's federally funded initiatives and the development of model programs and services.
- Training & Events - Learn about conferences and training opportunities. Download brochures and registration forms.
- Contact - Find contacts by grant name.
- Links - Discover links to other sites having to do with adult criminal justice.
Content Last Modified on 6/2/2015 1:55:51 PM