Questions to Ask About Indemnity Health Insurance
- How much is the monthly premium? What will your total cost be each year? There are individual rates and family rates.
- What does the policy cover? Does it cover prescription drugs, out-of-hospital care, or home care? Are there limits on the amount or the number of days the company will pay for these services? The best plans cover a broad range of services.
- Are you currently being treated for a medical condition that may not be covered under your new plan? Are there limitations or a waiting period involved in the coverage?
- What is the deductible? Often, you can lower your monthly health insurance premium by buying a policy with a higher yearly deductible amount.
- What is the coinsurance rate? What percent of your bills for allowable services will you have to pay?
- What is the maximum you would have to pay out of pocket per year? How much would it cost you directly before the insurance company would pay everything else?
- Is there a lifetime maximum cap the insurer will pay? The cap is an amount after which the insurance company won't pay anymore. This is important to know if you or someone in your family has an illness that requires expensive treatments.