oec: Division of Licensing

Division of Licensing

To contact Licensing (Child Care Programs and Youth Camps), please call (860) 500-4450 or toll-free 1-800-282-6063.
{Picture of Licensed Child Care Center}
The Division of Licensing has moved from the Department of Public Health to the Office of Early Childhood effective July 1, 2014.
The Division of Licensing is responsible for the administration of the child care and youth camp licensing programs at the Office of Early Childhood. Family child care homes, group child care homes, child care centers and youth camps are required to be licensed.

The child care licensing specialists and supervisors, nurses, health program staff, administrative and support staff are dedicated to assuring that all licensed child care and youth camp programs operate at or above the required standards established by state statutes and regulations. This is accomplished by providing technical assistance, application processing, facility monitoring, complaint investigation and enforcement activities. The Division of Licensing licenses more than 4,000 child care facilities. We are committed to promoting the health, safety and welfare of Connecticut's children in licensed facilities. 

Contact Information

The Licensing Help Desk is covered each day during regular business hours to help you with general questions about licensing regulations and requirements, the Division of Licensing's policies and procedures, verify staff approval or other general information. The Licensing Complaint Line is covered each day during regular business hours to receive complaints or to review the history of substantiated complaints for licensed providers/facilities. Both the Help Desk and Complaint Line may be contacted at the numbers below.

Phone Numbers:

  • (860) 500-4450
  • 1-800-282-6063


  • Child Care: (860) 326-0552
  • Youth Camps: (860) 326-0556

Mailing Address: 

Office of Early Childhood
Division of Licensing 
450 Columbus Blvd.
Suite 302
Hartford, CT 06103
Most concerns with child care programs or youth camps can be handled by:
  • Talking about the problem with the staff
  • Talking about the problem with the program director
If you have talked to the classroom teacher and program director and still have a concern about a child care program or camp, call the Division of Licensing's Complaints Line at (860) 500-4450 (1-800-282-6063 outside of the Hartford area.)
{Sign with Exclamation Point} In case of abuse/neglect or life-threatening situations, call the Department of Children and Families at 1-800-842-2288 and the Division of Licensing at (860) 500-4450 (1-800-282-6063 outside of the Hartford area.)

Content Last Modified on 1/24/2018 8:31:00 AM