Please join us for our 6th and Final 2018 Great Park Pursuit Event this weekend which is our Campout Finale. The weather is shaping up to be sunny and warm!!
GPP Event #6
Our Finale and Campout for our Great Park Pursuit Families/Teams who have participated this season is June 16, 2018 at Salt Rock State Campground in Sprague, CT from Noon to 2 pm for activities and 2:30 pm for Awards. When you arrive, please follow the signs to the GPP parking area. All families/teams must visit the registration table/tent outside of the camp office to check in and get your parking tag. You will also receive more information about the days schedule of events.
For GPP families and teams who are only able to join us for the day on June 16, 2018:
There will be organized and self-guided activities from Noon to 2 pm and then an Awards Presentation beginning at 2:30 pm. At 4:30 pm there will be a program by Mat Jobin of Reach Your Summit. You are welcome to use the pool, playground, basketball courts and other campground amenities while visiting. There are bathrooms with showers, as well as portable toilets on-site for your use. There is fishing and hiking on-site as well to do on your own. For those joining us just for the day, please be sure to pack a picnic, bring your water bottles, bathing suits, towels, sunblock, bug spray and chairs.
For GPP families and teams camping overnight with us on June 16th and 17th:
In addition to the information above, families/teams camping overnight must check in at the registration table/tent outside of the camp office beginning at 1 pm. Campground rules and information will be provided to you at this time. We will be camping in the recreation field at the campground. Families/teams please remember to bring all your camping essentials, including, but not limited to: tents, sleeping bags, flashlights, lanterns, food, grills, cooking tools, utensils, cups, plates, etc.
Please note: There will be community grills for cooking and fire pits to share.
Check-out time for GPP families/teams camping with us is Noon on Sunday June 17, 2018.
A few things for GPP families and teams to keep in mind:
- Only folks who registered for the GPP can camp with us free of charge.
- Other friends & family may reserve a site on reserveamerica.com
- There is no lifeguard at the pool. Pool hours are 10 am to 8pm.
- Children under 14 must have an adult with them at the pool.
- Inflatables, life jackets & pool toys are allowed at the pool.
- Alcohol is not permitted in the pool area.
- Glass containers are not permitted in the pool area.
- Children under 16 must wear a helmet when bike riding.
- There are showers, we recommend bringing shower shoes/flip flops.
- You will need to bring your own food; we will not have a food truck this weekend.
- You will need to bring your own food preparation tools, utensils, plates, cups, etc.
- Grills and fire pits will be available to share
Robins Ice Cream will be visiting us between Noon and 2pm for snacks, drinks and ice cream. Be sure to bring some money if interested in a treat for your family/team.
For more information about the No Child Left Inside program,
Kristen Bellantuono, No Child Left Inside® Coordinator
CT DEEP State Parks and Public Outreach at