2018 Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. How to Enter.
To enter, teams (which must consist of a minimum of two (2) members, with one member 18 years-of-age or older, and one member under the age of 18) (each a "Team" and collectively, "Teams") must complete an official Great Park Pursuit ("Contest") registration
form online at www.NoChildLeftInside.org
. Each team member must accept the terms and conditions detailed below, with the Parent(s)/Legal Guardian(s) accepting on behalf of minor(s) under the age of 18. Registration begins on March 26, 2018 at 12:00 p.m. (noon) EST and all Registration materials must be received no later than 5:00 p.m. EST on May 4, 2018. Given the nature of this Contest, Sponsor reserves the right to limit entry in Contest for safety or logistical concerns. Limit one entry per family or household/per Team.
2. How to Play/Win. The Contest's "Eligibility Round" will feature activities (each an "Activity" and collectively the "Activities") on the designated dates and times, at each of the six (6) parks and forests (each an "Event" and collectively, "Events"), based on the specific "Activity Description Document", which shall be incorporated by reference herein and will be made available to all entrants at the Events where Activities are taking place. Each Team will be awarded one (1) point for each of the six (6) parks and forests visited during the six (6) week game. Therefore, the maximum cumulative points for each Event will be 1 point per Team, and the maximum points for the Eligibility Round will be 6 points per Team. The first Eligibility Round Event takes place on May 12, 2018 and the last Eligibility Round Event takes place on June 16, 2018.
At the conclusion of the Eligibility Round, all Teams present at the last Eligibility Round Event that have pre-registered by May 4, 2018 and accumulated 6 points will receive a prize.
Please note that each team(s) needs to complete a minimum of 4 activities at each guided event and obtain a stamp for each activity completed on the Activity Description Document (“Activity Cards”) that will be handed out at each specific event. After completing a minimum of 4 activities at each guided event, each Team must turn in the official stamped activity card with their Team name filled-in on the card at the end of each event day, they will not be accepted at a later date.
The 4 guided events located at the CT State park and forest locations do not require entrance and/or parking fees. All participating Teams must participate in at least 4 activities at the guided events between the hours of 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. on Event days. Teams must wear No Child Left Inside® wristbands (which will be provided at no charge by the DEEP at the first event on May 12, 2018). It is recommended that these wristbands be worn to all events. By entering, all Team members warrant and represent in connection with their participation in the Contest that they: (1) will not engage in any dangerous activities that may be likely to cause personal injury to themselves or others or property damage and (2) will act in a mature and sportsmanlike manner while participating in the Activities.
All Registration Materials in addition to any materials submitted via The No Child Left Inside® web site and the CT State Parks Facebook page (including any photographs, videos, images, or other intellectual property submitted to the CT Department of Energy and Environmental Protection (CT DEEP) by any Team) (collectively, "Additional Materials") become the property of the DEEP, and receipt of Registration Materials and/or Additional Materials will not be acknowledged or returned. The CT DEEP is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, stolen, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, misdirected, technically corrupted or garbled Registration Materials, which will be disqualified, or for problems of any kind whether mechanical, human or electronic, including without limitation, problems with the web site through which entrants download/submit Registration Materials. Only fully completed Registration Materials are eligible.
3. Eligibility. Participation open only to legal residents of Connecticut. Void outside of Connecticut and where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law. Employees, officers & directors of the CT DEEP and any other organizations involved in the production and/or administration of the Contest, and any such person's immediate family or household members, are not eligible to win prizes. Teams are not eligible to win prizes in the Contest if they are not legal residents of Connecticut. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
4. Prizes. Every team that participates in all 6 of the Great Park Pursuit Family Adventure events will receive a prize (is not applicable to DEEP employees and their families). No substitutions or cash redemptions.
5. Notification. Winners will be notified on June 16, 2018 at the sixth and final park. If any winner rejects his/her prize or in the event of noncompliance with these Contest rules and requirements, or any winner is found to be ineligible, such prize will be forfeited. Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given. Prizes won by minors will be awarded to parent or legal guardian who must sign and return all required documents.
6. Conditions. All federal, state and local taxes and unspecified expenses are the sole responsibility of the winners. Participation in Contest and acceptance of prize constitutes each entrant's and each winner's permission for DEEP to use his/her name, address (city and state), likeness, photograph, picture, portrait, voice, biographical information, submission and any statements made by each winner regarding the Contest or Sponsor for advertising and promotional purposes without notice or additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By participating, entrants and winners agree to release and hold harmless DEEP, the State of Connecticut, their respective advertising and promotion agencies and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors, from any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including without limitation, property damage, personal injury and/or death which may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in Contest, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any Contest-related activity and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation, copyright infringement, trademark infringement or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery. Teams who do not comply with these Official Rules, or attempt to interfere with this Contest in any way shall be disqualified. There is no purchase or sales presentation required to participate. A purchase does not increase odds of winning.
7. Additional Terms. In case of dispute as to the identity of any entrant, entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at time of entry. "Authorized Account Holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational, institution, etc.) responsible for assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address. Any potential winner may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that such winner is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the winning entry. Any other attempted form of entry is prohibited; no automatic, programmed; robotic or similar means of entry are permitted. Sponsor, its affiliates, partners and promotion and advertising agencies are not responsible for technical, hardware, software, telephone or other communications malfunctions, errors or failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, web site, Internet, or ISP availability, unauthorized human intervention, traffic congestion, incomplete or inaccurate capture of entry information (regardless of cause) or failed, incomplete, garbled, jumbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit one's ability to enter the Contest, including any injury or damage to participant's or any other person's computer relating to or resulting from participating in this Contest or downloading any materials in this Contest. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, extend or suspend this Contest should (in its sole discretion) virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Contest. In such case, Sponsor will select the winners from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or web site. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Contest or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Sponsor representatives.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
8. List of Winners. To obtain a list of winners, please send a self-addressed stamped envelope after June 16, 2018 to the Connecticut Department of Energy and Environmental Protection, c/o State Parks – No Child Left Inside®, 79 Elm Street, Hartford, CT 06106.
9. Sponsor. Connecticut Department of Energy and Environmental Protection, 79 Elm Street, Hartford, CT