HUSKY Plus Physical
Meeting the needs of HUSKY B Children and Youth with Special Health Care Needs
What is HUSKY PLUS PHYSICAL?
- HUSKY Plus provides supplemental coverage of goods and services for HUSKY B medically eligible children with intensive physical health needs or who are Children and Youth with Special Health Care Needs (CYSHCN)
- The HUSKY A Benefit package includes services available to CYSHCN as part of the basic package of covered services
- HUSKY Plus services are available to children in the following HUSKY B income levels:
Who are Children/Youth with Special Health Care Needs?
CYSHCN are those who have or are at increased risk for chronic physical, developmental, behavioral, or emotional conditions and who also require health and related services of a type or amount beyond that required by children generally.
HUSKY Plus Physical Covered Services
HUSKY Plus services cover severe physical health problems not covered under the basic HUSKY B plan. Supplemental coverage under HUSKY Plus includes:
- Care coordination
- Family support
- Case management services
- Comprehensive multidisciplinary evaluation
- Additional goods and services may also be covered by HUSKY Plus, such as:
- Long Term Rehabilitation:
- Physical Therapy: two times per week;
- Occupational Therapy: one visit per week;
- Speech Therapy: one visit per week;
- Home Health Care: ten hours per week.
- Long-term skilled intermittent nursing visit, one per month
- Medical and Surgical Supplies: Supplies for incontinence (diapers and gloves for children over 3 years old)
- Durable medical equipment: exclusive of the basic HUSKY B Plan, including items that assist in the activities of daily living.
- A motorized wheelchair every 5 years
- Specialized adaptive seating
- One or a pair of analog hearing aids per year and digital hearing aids every five years
- Orthotic / Prosthetics Devices: one or a pair of orthotic devices or orthopedic shoes per year
- Nutritionist: consultation and treatment by a registered dietician
- Dental: general dental and orthodontic care for children who have malocclusive disorders or periodontal disease resulting from their underlying qualifying condition or related treatment
- Over-the-counter medications will be covered if medically necessary and directly related to the condition that qualifies the child for the program
- Nutritional Formulas: a type of or amount not usually required by children
- HUSKY Plus staff consist of a multidisciplinary team, including Pediatricians, Advanced Practice Nurses, Benefits Specialists, Family Resource Coordinators and Advocates who work with families to identify the childís care needs and the resources to meet those needs
- Advocacy and Parent to Parent Support
- Linkage to financial and clinical resources
- Child and family needs assessment
- Expert Pediatric Consultation
- Pediatric Specialty Clinics
- Educational and technical assistance to schools and community agencies
Families do not have to change their childís current health care providers. HUSKY Plus Physical staff works closely with primary care providers throughout Connecticut.
There are no co-pays, no deductibles and no additional premiums for HUSKY Plus services.
To contact HUSKY Plus Physical
For more information, call HUSKY Plus Physical:
at the Connecticut Children Medical Centerís Special Kids Support Center.
Content Last Modified on 12/30/2011 1:05:53 PM