The John S. Martinez Fatherhood Initiative of Connecticut is a broad-based, multi-agency, statewide program led by the Department of Social Services that is focused on changing the systems that can improve fathers’ ability to be fully and positively involved in the lives of their children.
The objectives of the initiative are to provide dads with the skills and supports they need to get involved in the lives of their children and stay connected by
• Promoting public education concerning the financial and emotional responsibilities of fatherhood;
• Assisting men in preparation for the legal, financial and emotional responsibilities of fatherhood;
• Promoting the establishment of paternity at childbirth;
• Encouraging fathers, regardless of marital status, to foster their emotional connection to and financial support of their children;
• Establishing support mechanisms for fathers in their relationship with their children, regardless of their marital and financial status; and
• Integrating state and local services available for families.
Content Last Modified on 6/20/2011 12:44:52 PM