Small Business Express Program
Since its launch over a year ago, the EXP program has proven to be extremely popular and effective. High demand, however, has created a large pool of applicants and led to increased competition and extended processing times. We at DECD appreciate your patience as we diligently work to support these projects that provide the maximum return on investments to state taxpayers in the form of job creation and capital investment.
The Small Business Express Program (EXP) provides loans and grants to Connecticut’s small business to spur job creation and growth. Assistance focuses on:
- Access to capital
- Incentive loan and grant funds to create jobs
Small businesses with operations in Connecticut, registered to conduct business for not less than twelve months, in good standing with all state agencies and with the payment of all state taxes, and employing not more than 100 employees, are eligible to apply. Priority for available funding will be given to those eligible applicants who (1) are creating new jobs and (2) are within Connecticut’s economic base industries, as defined in Connecticut General Statutes 32-222, including but not limited to: precision manufacturing, business services, green and sustainable technology, bioscience, and information technology sectors.
Applying for financial assistance
To apply to the EXP program, each applicant must complete and submit:
- a Small Business Express Program application form,
- a Financing Plan and Budget form, and
- all the other required information as listed and highlighted on the application form.
Each application package may be transmitted either by
- completing the EXP application online and then transmitting the required supporting documents transmitted separately via email, U.S. mail, courier or hand delivery to the DECD, or
- completing and including the one-page EXP application with the required supporting documents and transmitting via email, U.S. mail, courier or hand delivery to the DECD.
All documents and information related to each application should be sent to the attention of:
If you have any questions, please contact Michelle Peters at 860-270-8052 or via email at Michelle.Peters@ct.gov.
(Statutory Reference: Connecticut General Statutes Sec. 32-7g, as amended by the June 12 Special Session, 2012, HB-6001)