Connecticut is a great place to start or grow a business. Why? The state provides the competitive advantages companies need to succeed in today's global marketplace.
Connecticut has one of the highest percentages of corporate and divisional headquarters and fourteen Fortune 500
companies call Connecticut "home".
Connecticut By the Numbers
10 more reasons Connecticut is a great place to do business:
- Connecticut is a leader in patents, ranking 8th in the nation.
- Connecticut is a leader in business research and development, ranking #1 per capita.
- Connecticut is a global competitor, ranking #6 in world GDP per capita.
- Connecticut's workers are among the most productive in the nation, ranking fourth among states.
- Connecticut is a leader in venture capital deals, which are key to the development of small business, ranking #7.
- The state ranks 9th in the nation as a leader in the New Economy.
- Connecticut is a leader in finance and insurance, ranking #2 in total employment.
- Connecticut is a leading exporter ranking tenth in per capita exports.
- Connecticut has a highly educated workforce ranking third with an adult population with advanced degrees.
- Connecticut ranks 6th in the number of scientists & engineers per 100,000 employees.