Connecticut is a great place to start or grow a business. Why? The state provides the competitive advantages companies need to succeed in today's global marketplace.
Connecticut has one of the highest percentages of corporate and divisional headquarters and sixteen Fortune 500
companies call Connecticut "home".
Connecticut By the Numbers
10 more reasons Connecticut is a great place to do business:
- Connecticut's workers are among the most productive in the nation, ranking fourth among states.
- Connecticut is a leader in patents, ranking 8th in the nation.
- Connecticut is a leader in business research and development, ranking #4 per capita.
- Connecticut is a global competitor, ranking #7 in world GDP per capita.
- Connecticut is a leader in venture capital deals, which are key to the development of small business, ranking #7.
- Connecticut is ranked as the nation's 4th most innovative state.
- Connecticut is a leader in finance and insurance, ranking #2 in total employment.
- Connecticut companies get more for their energy dollar ranking #2.
- Connecticut has a highly educated workforce ranking third with an adult population with advanced degrees.
- Connecticut ranks 5th in the number of scientists & engineers in the workforce.
Interested in learning more? Contact the Connecticut Business Response Center at 1-800-392-2122.