DRS: Fraud Reporting

How Do You Report Tax Fraud?

If you suspect or know of an individual or company that is not complying with Connecticut tax laws, you may report this activity to the Department of Revenue Services (DRS) by completing our Referral Form.
  • Be sure to attach any additional documentation to substantiate your allegation, to the Referral Form and send it to DRS using the MAIL OR FAX OPTION.

Although you are not required to identify yourself, it is helpful to do so.  Your identity will be kept confidential.

Conn. Gen. Stat. 12-15(a) prohibits the disclosure of tax returns or tax return information.  Therefore, due to the tax return information contained in this referral form DRS employees are prohibited to discuss its status or final result.