Welcome to the Office of Health Care Access. Our Mission is to ensure that the citizens of Connecticut have access to a quality health care delivery system.
Latest CON Deemed Complete:
On December 12, 2013, the Certificate of Need Application of The Hospital of Central Connecticut, MidState Medical Center, Orthopedic Associates of Hartford, P.C., Comprehensive Orthopaedic and Musculoskeletal Center and Constitution Surgery Centers, LLC, for the establishment of an Orthopedic Ambulatory Surgery Center on The Hospital of Central Connecticut’s Bradley Memorial Campus in Southington to be called HHC Southington Surgery Center, LLC, was deemed Complete. This CON application was filed under Docket No. 13-31852-CON.
On December 12, 2013, the Certificate of Need Application of Hartford Hospital, Orthopedic Associates of Hartford and Constitution Surgery Center. for the establishment of an Orthopedic Ambulatory Surgery Center on Hartford Hospital Campus in Hartford to be called HHC Hartford Surgery Center, LLC, was deemed Complete. This CON application was filed under Docket No.13-31851-CON.
On December 4, 2013, the Certificate of Need Application of New Era Rehabilitation Center, Inc. for the establishment of an outpatient substance abuse treatment facility in Waterbury was deemed complete. This CON application was filed under Docket No. 13-31857-CON.
On November 29, 2013, the Certificate of Need Application of Western Connecticut Health Network for the acquisition of a CT Simulator was deemed complete. This CON application was filed under Docket No. 13-31855-CON.
Upcoming Public Hearing Notices:
|No Hearing Scheduled
Click on 'Check the Calendar' on the left navigation bar for details.
- NEW!!! On December 5, 2013, OHCA received the Certificate of Need application of Hartford Hospital to purchase of a SPECT/CT Camera System. Filed under Docket No.:13-31878-CON.
- NEW!!! 2013 Public Acts regarding Certificate of Need. Click here...
- NEW!!! Annual Report on the Financial Status of Connecticut’s Short Term Acute Care Hospitals for Fiscal Year 2012 (September 2013). This report provides information concerning the financial performance of Connecticut’s thirty-acute care hospitals using Fiscal Year (FY) 2012 data.
- NEW!!! Liquidity and Solvency ratios for Connecticut’s Short Term Acute Care Hospitals for the 3-year period from FY 2010 through FY 2012 are now posted on OHCA's Hospital Financial Data webpage under Frequently Requested Data Items. Liquidity ratios measure ability to meet short-term obligations as they become due. Solvency ratios measure ability to pay long term debt and the interest on that debt. These eight ratios are commonly used to measure the financial health of institutions.
- NEW!!! The FY 2012 Connecticut Acute Care Hospitals’ Collection Policies and Procedures have been posted on OHCA’s Consumer Assistance Process page(or by clicking here…). These documents provide detail information on the Hospitals’ collection practices.
- NEW!!! The most current pricemaster submitted by each of Connecticut’s 29 Short Term Acute Care Hospitals are now being posted on OHCA's webpage. These documents, which can be accessed via a link to the Consumer Assistance Process page (or by clicking here...), allows the user to look up a hospital's charges or list prices as currently filed by the Hospital with OHCA.
- Audited Financial Statements for Connecticut’s Short Term Acute Care Hospitals and their parent corporations for Fiscal Year 2012 are now available in the Hospital Financial Data section of this website.
- Top 10 Salary Data for Connecticut’s 30 Short Term Acute Care Hospitals for Fiscal Year 2012. This document provides a summary of the ten highest paid positions for each acute care hospital for the fiscal year ending September 30, 2012. (May, 2013).
- Statement of Operations data for Connecticut’s 30 Short Term Acute Care Hospitals for Fiscal Year 2012. This document provides a summary of revenues and expenses for each acute care hospital and on a cumulative statewide basis for the fiscal year ending September 30, 2012.
- OHCA’s newest fact sheet entitled Acute Care Hospital Expenses for FY 2011 is now available. This fact sheet provides data on 11 different categories of hospital expenses and includes some trends that have been occurring over the years FY 2008 – FY 2011 in hospital operating expenses.
Important Feature E-Alerts! Register on our Website to
receive email notification when new information is posted regarding:
CON Decisions, Determinations, CON Status Reports
Health Care Facilities and Services Plan Advisory Body
New Issue Briefs and Reports
Content Last Modified on 12/12/2013 12:59:39 PM