Information on the availability of influenza vaccine
After reading the information below, please feel free to contact the CVP program if you have any questions at 860-509-7929.
Title: What is the Connecticut Vaccine Program: How will this Impact My Practice?
Date: Tuesday, November 13, 2012
Time: 12:00 PM EST
Link: to audio
Financial Restitution Policy
The Financial Restitution Policy was developed in accordance with the Connecticut Vaccine Program (CVP) for the purpose of replacing vaccine wasted or spoiled due to negligence and/or failure to properly store, handle, or rotate vaccine inventory.
Providers currently enrolled in the VFC program will need to complete the updated provider profile and agreement form on an annual basis.
Please be sure to include your provider identification number (PIN) on both the agreement and profile forms, and fax the completed forms to (860) 509-8371.
to access the current blue folder.
The blue folder contains all documents associated with being an immunization provider through the CVP program. Updated 4 -14 (pdf)
As soon as you are enrolled in the CVP, you may begin ordering vaccine. The vaccine order form is due on or before the first business day of each month. Instructions for completing the form, as well as a list of state supplied vaccines and a vaccine discrepancy form, are also available below.
Vaccine transfer form to be used in the event of transferring viable vaccine from facility to facility. Vaccine return form to be used to report vaccine waste and spoilage.
When administering vaccine supplied by the CVP, you must complete and retain the Patient Eligibility Screening Record. The screening only has to be completed once unless the patient's status changes. Below, please find the Patient Eligibility Screening Record and 2013 Eligibility Criteria for Vaccines.
Vaccine Storage and Handling
Proper vaccine storage and handling practices play a very important role in protecting individuals and communities from vaccine-preventable diseases. Vaccine quality is the shared responsibility of everyone, from the time vaccine is manufactured until it is administered.
VTrckS offers health care providers reduced administrative costs and increased order accuracy through the ability to place and track orders online.
Below are recent communications sent to providers via fax or email
Update Influenza Formulations for 2014-15 Flu Season March 10, 2014 (pdf)
- Keeping CT Kids Healthy February 7, 2014 (pdf)
- Update Holiday Vaccine Shipping Schedule November 14, 2013 (pdf)
- Update Re-Enrollment in CVP November 7, 2013 (pdf)
- Update Pentacel and Daptacel Shortage October 24, 2013 (pdf)
- Update Upcoming Vaccine Ordering Changes September 16, 2013 (pdf)
- Update Pentacel and Daptacel Shortage August 20, 2013 (pdf)
- Keeping CT Kids Healthy August 5, 2013 (pdf)
- Update Pentacel Shortage August 2, 2013 (pdf)
- Update Influenza Vaccine August 1, 2013 (pdf)
- CVP Provider Education Requirement July 22, 2013 (pdf) This memo sent only to CVP providers who are not receiving a VFC site visit in calendar year 2013:
- Update Availability of Sanofi Pasteur Quadrivalent Influenza Formulation July 12, 2013 (pdf)
- Update VTrcks On-Line Training July 11, 2013 (pdf)
- Update June Vaccine Orders and IPV Cap Change June 4, 2013 (pdf)
- Update Pediarix Shortage and Guidance Document May 21, 2013 (pdf)
- Update Pediarix Shortage April 22, 2013 (pdf)
- Update Pentacel Shortage March 26, 2013 (pdf)
- Update Influenza Formulations for 2013-2014 Flu Season March 25, 2013 (pdf)
- Update Return of Wasted Vaccine March 11, 2013 (pdf)
- Keeping CT Kids Healthy February 25, 2013 (pdf)
- Update Patient Eligibility Screening Record February 19, 2013 (pdf)
- Update Influenza Vaccine Expansion January 17, 2013 (pdf)
- Update on influenza vaccine availability January 11, 2013 (pdf)
- Keeping CT Kids Healthy January 7, 2013 (pdf)
- Update PCV13 expansion January 4, 2013 (pdf)
- Update Pentacel Directive December 17, 2012 (pdf)
- Every Kid Deserves A shot December 12, 2012 (pdf)
- Enrollment Reminder November 26, 2012 (pdf)
- Update Hurricane Sandy October 31, 2012 (pdf)
- Provider Enrollment Letter, October 4, 2012 (pdf)
- DTaP/IPV/Hib (Pentacel®) vaccine supply & MMRV vaccine availability, October 2, 2012 (pdf)
- Connecticut Vaccine Program Provider Enrollment Memo, September 2012 (pdf)
DPH Commissioner Dr. Jewel Mullen talks to Dennis House about the Connecticut Vaccine Program on WFSB's "Face the State" - watch now
Resources for Parents
Letters From Vaccine Manufacturers
Below is information received from vaccine manufacturers about the return of privately purchased vaccine before its expiration date.
Letters From Insurance Carriers
Below are grace period agreement letters received from insurance carriers for vaccines purchased prior to December 31, 2012.
Below is information concerning vaccine administration billing issues.
Questions or feedback? We want to know!
If you have questions or feedback regarding the CVP, please contact:
Vincent Sacco (Lead Contact)
State of Connecticut Department of Public Health
410 Capitol Avenue
Hartford, CT 06134
Phone: (860) 509-7929
Fax: (860) 509-7945
return to main Immunization page