Overhead Sign Support Replacement at 11 Locations
The Connecticut Department of Transportation is developing plans to replace existing overhead sign supports statewide at 11 locations.
A replacement program is necessary as the old sign supports are structurally obsolete and at the end of their useful lifespan. The new supports will comply with the latest state and federal standards. It is anticipated that the majority of the work can be accomplished utilizing short-term lane and shoulder closures.
The following locations are included:
- Greenwich I-95 NB 1/2 Mile before Exit 5 to Riverside Old Greenwich
- Westport I-95 SB 1 Mile before Exit 17 to Westport/Saugatuck
- Bridgeport I-95 SB At Exit 29 to Stratford Ave./Seaview Ave.
- Bridgeport I-95 NB 1/4 Mile before at Exit 30 to Lordship Blvd.
- Waterbury RTE 69 SB 1/3 Mile West of East Main St. at Meriden Rd. & Silver St. Exd.
- Meriden I-691 WB At Exit 7 to Downtown Meriden
- Berlin RTE 5 SB At Bridge 05806 to Route 9 Middletown
- Rocky Hill I-91 SB 1 Mile before Exit 22 N & 22 S to Rte. 8 North & South
- Farmington RTE 508 EB& WB East of Birdseye Rd.
- East Hartford I-84 WB 1/3 Mile before Exit 57 to Charter Oak Br. & N.Y. City
- East Hartford I-84 EB At Exit 58 to Roberts St./Silver Lane/Burnside Ave.
- Enfield I-91 NB At Exit 47W to Rte. 190 Suffield
- Colchester RTE 2 NB At Exit 18 to Rte. 16 Colchester/Middletown
The design plans for the project are expected to be completed in June 2018 and the project is tentatively scheduled to be advertised for construction in August 2018.
It is the Departmentís policy to keep persons informed and involved when such projects are undertaken. It is important that the community share its concerns with us to assist in the projectís development. At this time, it is not anticipated that an informational meeting or formal public hearing will be necessary.
Anyone interested in requesting information on this project may do so by contacting Lisa N. Conroy, Supervising Engineer, at (860) 594-2744. Please make reference to Project Number 0170-3447.