CONNECTICUT DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION
2800 BERLIN TURNPIKE P.O. BOX 317546
NEWINGTON CONNECTICUT, 06131-7546
|FOR RELEASE: November 7, 2016
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION:
OFFICE OF COMMUNICATIONS
TELEPHONE: (860) 594-3062
FAX: (860) 594-3065
Replacement of Overhead Sign Supports
The Connecticut Department of Transportation (Department) is developing plans to replace existing overhead sign supports statewide at 15 locations.
The new sign supports are necessary because the old sign supports have reached the end of their life expectancy. The new supports will comply with the latest state and federal standards. It is anticipated that the majority of the work can be accomplished utilizing short-term lane and shoulder closures.
The following locations are included:
- Stamford I-95 SB 1 Mile before Exit 5 to Riverside Old Greenwich
- Norwalk RTE 7 SB ½ Mile after Exit 1 to Route 1 Norwalk
- Bridgeport RTE 8 NB ¼ Mile before Exit 4 to Lindley Street
- Bridgeport RTE 8 NB ½ Mile before RTE 25 NB Split Shelton/Waterbury
- Shelton RTE 8 NB & SB ½ Mile before Exit 14 NB to Howe Ave. Shelton
- New Haven I-91 NB ¾ Mile before Exit 8 to Middletown Ave. North Branford
- Meriden I-691 EB Exit 11 to I-91 North Hartford/Springfield
- Meriden I-691 EB Exit 10 to I-91/Rte. 15 South New Haven
- Meriden RTE 15 SB Exit 67W to East Main Street
- New Britain RTE 9 SB ¾ Mile before Exit 28A to Downtown New Britain
- New Britain RTE 9 SB ¼ Mile before Exit 28A to Downtown New Britain
- Rocky Hill I-91 NB ½ Mile before Exit 24 to Wethersfield Rocky Hill
- Glastonbury RTE 3 SB 1 ¼ Mile Before I-91 Merge
- Vernon I-84 WB Exit 64 to Rte. 30/Rte. 83 Vernon Business Dist.
- East Lyme I-95 SB Exit 75 to Rte. 1 Flanders Waterford
The design plans for the project are expected to be completed in April, 2017 and the project is tentatively scheduled to be advertised for construction in July, 2017.
It is the Department’s policy to keep persons informed and involved when such projects are undertaken. It is important that the community share its concerns with us to assist in the project’s development. At this time, it is not anticipated that an informational meeting or formal public hearing will be necessary.
Anyone interested in requesting information on this project may do so by contacting Lisa N. Conroy, Supervising Engineer, at (860) 594-2744. Please make reference to Project Number 170-3362.
Content Last Modified on 11/7/2016 2:13:20 PM