CONNECTICUT DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION
2800 BERLIN TURNPIKE P.O. BOX 317546
NEWINGTON CONNECTICUT, 06131-7546
|FOR RELEASE: October 17, 2016
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION:
OFFICE OF COMMUNICATIONS
TELEPHONE: (860) 594-3062
FAX: (860) 594-3065
Traffic Control Signals in Various Central Connecticut Towns
The Department of Transportation (Department) is developing plans to install new traffic control signal equipment to meet current Department standards. As part of the design process, the Department will investigate the potential for removal of existing traffic signals that are no longer warranted.
The projects include 13 locations in the cities/towns of Bloomfield, Cheshire, East Hartford, Meriden, New Britain, Plainville, Rocky Hill, Southington, Wethersfield, and Windsor Locks. The following intersections are included:
Project No. 0171-0401:
1. Meriden – U.S. Route 5 at Westfield Road and Britannia Street (Int. No. 079-210)
Project No. 0171-0402:
2. Bloomfield – Route 218 at North Drive to CIGNA (Int. No. 011-209),
3. Bloomfield – Route 178 at Crestview Drive (Int. No. 011-252),
4. Cheshire – Route 10 at Maplecroft Shopping Center (Int. No. 025-225),
5. East Hartford – S.R. 502 at Rolling Meadow Drive (Int. No. 042-251),
6. New Britain – Route 372 at Stanwood Drive and Wooster Street (Int. No. 088-221),
7. New Britain – Route 71 at Paul J. Manafort Drive and Francis Street (Int. No. 088-247),
8. New Britain – Route 71 at Firehouse Lane (Int. No. 088-279),
9. Plainville – Route 10 at Whiting Street (Int. No. 109-201),
10. Rocky Hill – Route 99 at Town Line Road (Int. No. 118-209),
11. Southington – Route 322 at Interstate 691 Westbound Off-Ramp (Int. No. 131-233),
12. Wethersfield – Route 175 at Goff Road (Int. No. 159-230),
13. Windsor Locks – Route 140 at Route 159 - South Junction (Int. No. 165-213).
It is the Department’s policy to keep the public informed and involved when such projects are undertaken. It is important that the community share its concerns with us to assist in the project’s development. At this time, it is anticipated that an informational meeting or formal public hearing will not be necessary.
The design plans for these projects are expected to be completed in June 2018 with a tentative advertising date for construction in August 2018.
Anyone interested in requesting information on these projects may do so by contacting Mr. Gregory R. Palmer, Project Manager at (860) 594-2748 or via e-mail at Gregory.Palmer@ct.gov
. Please make reference to Project Nos. 0171-0401 and 0171-0402.