CONNECTICUT DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION
2800 BERLIN TURNPIKE P.O. BOX 317546
NEWINGTON CONNECTICUT, 06131-7546
|FOR RELEASE: June 14, 2016
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION:
OFFICE OF COMMUNICATIONS
TELEPHONE: (860) 594-3062
FAX: (860) 594-3065
Rehabilitation of Bridge 00732, North Ave over Route 15 in Westport
The Connecticut Department of Transportation is announcing the full closure of the North Avenue Bridge (over Route 15) beginning on June 20, 2016. The closure is necessary to facilitate ongoing construction activities. The bridge is expected to reopen by August 25, 2016.
The project consists of the full rehabilitation of the existing bridge structure, including removal of the western spandrel, concrete patch repair of the underside and surface of the bridge and full deck replacement. The purpose of the project is to improve the structural deficiencies and preserve the integrity of the bridge.
Due to numerous crashes caused by illegal oversized vehicles last year, the integrity of the temporary support system was compromised. The temporary support system was removed and a different system with greater clearance will be utilized..
CTDOT Project No. 0158-0208 was awarded to Blakeslee Arpaia Chapman, Inc. of Branford, CT on March 12, 2015, at a cost of $2,854,817.14 and is scheduled to be completed by September 15, 2016.
North Ave Traffic Detour
- Those heading north on North Ave will be directed to take Cross Highway 0.9 miles west to Weston Road; 0.3 miles north on Weston Road; 1.10 miles east on Easton Road to the intersection of Easton Road and North Ave.
- Those heading south on North Ave will be directed to take Easton Road 1.1 miles west to Weston Road; 0.3 miles south on Weston Road; 0.9 miles east on Cross Highway to the intersection of Cross Highway and North Ave.
Lane closure info for Route 15
- Monday through Thursday between 9:00 p.m. and 5:00 a.m.
- Friday between 10:00 p.m. and 5:00 a.m.
- Saturday between 7:00 p.m. and 7:00 a.m.
- Sunday between 8:00 p.m. and 9:00 a.m.
Content Last Modified on 6/14/2016 12:32:59 PM