CONNECTICUT DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION
2800 BERLIN TURNPIKE P.O. BOX 317546
NEWINGTON CONNECTICUT, 06131-7546
|FOR RELEASE: May 31, 2016
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION:
OFFICE OF COMMUNICATIONS
TELEPHONE: (860) 594-3062
FAX: (860) 594-3065
Revision of Traffic Control Signals at Five locations in the City of Bridgeport
The CTDOT is developing plans to revise traffic control signals at five locations in the city of Bridgeport. The following intersections are included:
- State Intersection No. 15-286: Washington Avenue at Coleman Street and Route 8 Southbound On-ramp
- State Intersection No. 15-287: Washington Avenue at Pequonnock Street and Lafayette Square
- State Intersection No. 15-288: Washington Avenue at James Street
- State Intersection No. 15-291: Washington Avenue at Highland Avenue
- State Intersection No. 15-306: Washington Avenue at Catherine Street
The design plans for the project are expected to be completed in September 2016 and the project is
currently anticipated to begin construction in March 2017.
It is the Departmentís policy to keep persons informed and involved when such projects are undertaken.
It is important that the community share its concerns with us to assist in the projectís development. At
this time, it is anticipated that an informational meeting or formal public hearing will not be necessary.
Anyone interested in requesting information on this project may do so by contacting Mr. James A.
Massini, Project Engineer at (860) 594-2784. Please make reference to Project No. 15-365.
Content Last Modified on 5/31/2016 12:04:00 PM