CONNECTICUT DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION
2800 BERLIN TURNPIKE P.O. BOX 317546 NEWINGTON CONNECTICUT 06131-7546
|FOR RELEASE: Upon Receipt
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION:
OFFICE OF COMMUNICATIONS
TELEPHONE: (860) 594-3062
Fax: (860) 594-3066
Summer and Holiday Lane Closure Restrictions
Bureau of Engineering and Highway Operations
The lane closure restrictions shown below must be adhered to beginning on the Friday before Memorial Day through Labor Day. Weekend lane closures will be allowed from 11 PM – 6 AM on major interstates on a case by case basis. The lane closure restrictions will be conformed to except in the event of an emergency.
- Lane closure(s) will not be allowed on Fridays at any time on the following routes: I-95, I -91, I-84 and Route 15 (Merritt/Wilbur Cross Parkway)
- Lane closure(s) will be allowed for half-day mornings only on Fridays on all other limited-access highways. However, if a significant backup occurs, the sign pattern must be removed immediately and the lane(s) reopened.
- Lane closures will not be allowed on Saturdays and Sundays on the following routes: I-95, I-91, I-84, and Route 15 (Merritt/Wilbur Cross Parkway)
· Memorial Day Monday May 28th, 2007
· Fourth of July Wednesday July 4th, 2007
· Labor Day Monday September 3rd, 2007
Lane closure(s) will not be allowed on limited access highways at any time on the day before thru the day after each holiday, as follows:
- Memorial Day Friday May 25th, 2007 - Tuesday May 29th, 2007
- Fourth of July Tuesday July 3rd, 2007 - Thursday July 5th, 2007
- Labor Day Friday August 31st, 2007 – Tuesday September 4th, 2007
Contingent on staff approval, lane closure(s) may be allowed on non-limited access highways on the day before thru the day after the holiday or on the holiday weekend. This may also apply to limited access highways that are not major interstates or heavily congested roads.
Content Last Modified on 11/15/2007 1:29:08 PM