ConnDOT: Permits


  Approval of Specific Information Signs and Business Signs on Limited Access Highways
  Approval to allow business signs on limited access highways at approved interchanges. (Encroachment permit also required)
  Outdoor Advertising Permit
  To regulate the erection of billboards through the issuance of State Sign Permits. (Initial, Renewal or Modification).
  Major Traffic Generator Certificate
  Permit to operate developments over 100,000 sq. ft. (Initial or Modification).
  Speed Limit Certificate
  Certificate to allow towns to establish speed limits on local roads. (Initial or Modification).
  Traffic Signal Permit
  Permit to allow a town or city to install and operate a traffic control signal. (Initial or Modification).

  Intrastate Permit for Household Goods Carrier
  The Bureau of Public Transportation oversees the regulation of moving companies, taxicabs, livery operators and motorbus companies.
  Industrial Truck Permit
  Permit to transport goods, property or merchandise to and between buildings of the same industrial plant . C.G.S. 13A-117. (Initial, Duplicate, Renewal, Modification, Suspension or Restoration).
  Encroachment Permit
  Allows use of a State highway for purposes other than travel. Normally, excavations, utility work, within the right of way. (Initial, Modification, Suspension, Restoration or Specific Duration).
  Oversize/Overweight Vehicle Permit
  DIVISIBLE LOADS - Permit to transport bulk construction material such as sand, stone or gravel. NONDIVISIBLE LOADS - Permit for the transportation of vehicles and/or vehicle and load which do not conform to the statutory limits for width, length, height or weight. C.G.S. Sections 14-262, 14-264, 14-267a and 14-269. (Initial, Renewal, Duplicate, Modification, Restoration or Suspension).
  Radioactive Material Permit
  Permit to transport radioactive material into and through the state. C.G.S. Section 19-409d. (Initial, Renewal, Duplicate, Restoration, Suspension or Modification).
  Permit for Use on Limited Access Highway
  Written permission for authorized tasks on limited access highways
  Permission to Film on Limited Access Highways
  Approval to Film on Limited Access Highways
  Parkway Permit
  Permit to operate on the Merritt and Wilbur Cross Parkways by vehicles normally excluded. (Initial or Renewal).
  Special Event Permit for Highways
  Permit to allow the use of state highways for special events, parades, motorcycle events, etc.

  Individual Non-Commercial Mooring Space Permit
  Any individual that wishes to anchor a boat should submit the Navigable Waterways Permit to the local Harbor Master on a yearly basis per C.G.S. Section 15-8.
  Marine Pilot License for Vessels
  License to demonstrate proficiency in handling vessels for the protection of the ports and waters of the State, including the CT waters of Long Island Sound. (Initial or Renewal).

Public Transportation
  Regulatory and Compliance Unit
  Regulations and permits/certificates for Taxicab, Livery, Motorbus and Household Goods Movers

Content Last Modified on 10/18/2016 1:53:04 PM