CONNECTICUT DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION
2800 BERLIN TURNPIKE P.O. BOX 317546
NEWINGTON CONNECTICUT, 06131-7546
|FOR RELEASE:October 1 , 2008
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION: OFFICE OF COMMUNICATIONS
TELEPHONE: (860) 594-3062
Fax: (860) 594-3066
NEWINGTON, Conn. – The Connecticut Public Transportation Commission (CPTC) will hold a public hearing in Windham on (Wednesday, October 8) to give citizens and local officials in that area of the state an opportunity to voice their views on public transportation services.
The hearing will take place at 7:30 p.m. at the Windham Town Hall, 979 Main Street,Windham, Connecticut.
This is a one of a series of four public hearings being held this fall throughout the state in metropolitan areas designated by the CPTC. These hearings will enable members of the CPTC to gain firsthand information and input from the public concerning existing and proposed public transportation services within Connecticut.
The CPTC is particularly interested in receiving comments from public officials and private citizens on such issues as:
1. Additional roundtrip commuter service between Hartford and Mansfield
2. Regular service to Manchester ending at a location that is also served by CTTransit
3. More direct/frequent services between ECSU AND UCONN
4. Additional night and weekend service to UCONN
5. Proposed multi-modal parking center is in Willimantic
6. Non-traditional modes of transportation (i.e. Bicycling, etc)
7. Other transit topic of interest to the public.