- Upon incarceration, inmates will be allowed to set up a visiting list. Visiting forms will be sent by the inmate's counselor to those designated by the offender. The forms should be filled out and returned to the facility where the inmate is being held. Background checks will be conducted and it will be up to the inmate to inform the visitor that he or she has been approved.
- Visitors under the age of 16, or their legal guardians, must provide a valid birth certificate and one additional document containing the child's name (i.e., social security card, report card, etc.). These documents will have to be produced each time the child visits. All other requirements of Administrative Directive 10.6, Inmate Visits, shall remain in effect.
- As of April 1, 2013 visiting schedule for Cheshire Correctional Institution and MacDougall-Walker Correctional Institution has been changed. Please go to each individual facility web page for detail information.
- Visits are not held on state holidays.
- Visitors are encouraged to check the visiting cancellation notices below and/or contact the facility prior to visitation to confirm the visiting schedule and to insure that the inmate they plan to visit has not lost his or her visiting privileges.
- Please note that cell phones are not permitted within correctional facilities.
Cancellations- Visitation may be cancelled at a correctional facility at any time due to a number of safety and security concerns.
- MacDougall/Walker CI - No Social Visits after 5:00 PM on Monday May 20, 2013
Ongoing cancellations- These are scheduled cancellations of visits that may be due to parole hearings, facility training or other operational needs:
- Corrigan-Radgowski Correctional Center- No visits at the Radgowski building on Tuesday nights (7 p.m.-9 p.m.) and Friday during the day (1 p.m.-3 p.m.). No visits in the Corrigan building on Tuesday nights (7 p.m.-9 p.m.).
- Bridgeport Correctional Center - Effective January 10, 2012, there will be no visits from 4 PM to 12 AM on Tuesdays and no visits from 8 AM to 4 PM on Thursdays.
- Hartford Correctional Center- Effective April 5, 2011, there will be no night visits on Tuesday and Thursday evenings.
- Willard-Cybulski Correctional Institution - No visits on Monday evenings.
- Carl Robinson Correctional Institution - No evening visits on Wednesdays.
- York Correctional Institution - No morning visits on the first Tuesday and third Thursday of each month, and on Wednesday mornings.
- New Haven Correctional Center- No visits on Wednesdays.
Facility Visiting Schedule
Facility Visiting Schedule is available in Adobe Acrobat (PDF) format. If you have not yet installed Acrobat Reader, you can download it from the Adobe website .
Use this link to find Directions to Facility
Content Last Modified on 5/20/2013 10:29:21 AM