Connecticut Department of Correction
Correctional Transition Instructor
(Grant Funded - Durational Positions)
||1st Shift, Monday - Friday, 17 hours per week (Part-time, Grant Funded Positions-No Benefits)|
||$29.37 per hour |
||November 5, 2014|
|Minimum Qualifications Required-Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
||Considerable knowledge of educational programs and vocational occupations; considerable knowledge of counseling and interviewing techniques; knowledge of occupations and job requirements; knowledge of processes and materials in specific vocations and trades; knowledge of life and job skills development; knowledge of reciprocal relationships between individuals and their social, economic and cultural environment; knowledge of individual and social factors relating to personal adjustment; knowledge of community resources; knowledge of program evaluation; considerable interpersonal skills; considerable oral and written communication skills; ability to utilize teaching and/or training techniques for individual inmate needs; ability to develop community resources; ability to relate to different cultural and economic backgrounds; ability to coach inmates; ability to utilize computer software. |
|Experience and Training-General Experience:
||Five (5) years experience in career development, placement and/or counseling, educational guidance counseling or vocational counseling. |
- College training may be substituted for the General Experience on the basis of fifteen (15) semester hours equaling one half (1/2) year of experience to a maximum of four (4) years for a Bachelor's degree.
- A Master's degree in rehabilitation counseling, vocational or educational quidance or a closely related field may be substituted for the General Experience.
||College degree in a related field preferred.|
||In addition to the checking of references and of facts stated in the application, a thorough background investigation and fingerprinting of each candidate will be made prior to appointment.|
||Incumbents in this class may be exposed to danger of injury or assualt by inmates.|
Interested and qualified candidates who meet the above requirements should submit the requested documents as follows;
- Cover Letter,
- Two (2) lettters of professional references from current and/or previous supervisors. State employees must submit their two most recent performance appraisals in lieu of references.
- Application for Employment (Form CT-HR-12) which is available at http://www.das.state.ct.us/HR/Forms/CT-HR-12_Application.pdf
- State of Connecticut Addendum-Criminal Conviction (Form CT-HR-13) which is available at http://das.ct.gov/HR/Forms/CT-HR-12A_Addendum.pdf
Applications must be postmarked no later than the closing date indicated above. Incomplete application packages will not be considered. Interviews will be limited to those whose experience and training most closely meet the requirement of this position. Due to the large volume of applications received, we are unable to provide confirmation of receipt or status updates during the recruitment process.
Department of Correction
24 Wolcott Hill Road
Wethersfield, CT 06109
Fax: (860) 692-6866
|Note for Applicants:
||The filling of this position will be in accordance with reemployment, SEBAC, promotion and merit employment rules. State employees should be aware that your performance appraisals, attendance records and discipline records will be reviewed to ensure that you meet DOC Administrative Directive 2.3.|
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Content Last Modified on 10/22/2014 3:09:08 PM