Connecticut Department of Correction
Anticipated Job Opportunity
||State School Teachers -Unified School District #1|
Statewide: Various Institutions
||1st shift, Monday-Friday|
Bachelor's Degree $58,176
Master's Degree $61,092
6th Yr. Degree $65,366
Knowledge of the philosophy and methods of education and teaching; knowledge of the principles and practices of education for special needs population; knowledge of student program needs and goal setting; ability to differentiate instruction based on individual student needs; ability to motivate students; ability to communicate at the appropriate level; ability to establish cooperative relationships with those contacted in work; ability to prepare written reports.
|Experience and Training:
Possession of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college.
- Candidates need to hold Connecticut Certification in at least one of the following areas:
- 001 Pre-K-Grade 8
- 004 Grades 1-8
- 005 Elementary Education, 1-6
- 013 Elementary, K-6
2. Incumbents in this class may be required to possess and retain a current Connecticut Motor Vehicle operator's license.
|Preferred Skills & Abilities:
- Preferred candidate will have at least (1) year recent (within the last five years) teaching experience with at risk population.
- Preferred candidate will have working knowledge of current technology used in classrooms; to include the use of Smart boards and Eno boards. Applicants may be asked to demonstrate usage in a classroom lesson plan as part of the interview process.
Interested and qualified candidates who meet the above requirements should submit the requested documents as follows;
- Cover letter,
- Application for Employment (Form CT-HR-12) which is available at http://www.das.state.ct.us/HR/Forms/CT-HR-12_Application.pdf
- State of Connecticut Addendum-Criminal Conviction (Form CT-HR-13) which is available at http://das.ct.gov/HR/Forms/CT-HR-12A_Addendum.pdf
- Copy of college transcripts,
- Copy of current certification,
- Two (2) letters of professional references from current and/or previous supervisors. Current Teachers must submit (2) most recent performance appraisals in lieu of references.
Incomplete application packages will not be considered. Due to the large volume of applications received, we are unable to provide confirmation of receipt or status updates during the recruitment process.
Please mail application packages to:
Department of Correction
Human Resources, Francine Beaulieu
24 Wolcott Hill Road
Wethersfield, CT 06109
|Note for Applicants:
||The filling of this position will be in accordance with reemployment, SEBAC, promotion and merit employment rules. State employees should be aware that your performance appraisals, attendance records and discipline records will be reviewed to ensure that you meet DOC Administrative Directive 2.3.|
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Content Last Modified on 12/1/2015 1:18:50 PM