Connecticut Department of Correction
||State School Teachers|
Manson Youth Institution - (3) Current openings
*Candidates must be willing to travel to various locations to meet facility needs.
||1st shift, Monday-Friday|
Bachelor's Degree $56,481.00
||Applications must be postmarked no later than November 26, 2014|
Knowledge of the philosophy and methods of education and teaching; knowledge of the principles and practices of education for special needs population; knowledge of student program needs and goal setting; ability to motivate students; ability to communicate at the appropriate level; ability to establish cooperative relationships; ability to prepare written reports.
Possession of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college. Based on SDE requirements, applicants need to be eligible to teach adult education or have applied for the adult education certification.
||Candidate need to hold Connecticut Certification in Elementary, Middle or Secondary Education.|
|Preferred Skills & Abilities:
- Preferred candidate will have experience working with a culturally diverse population or at risk youth,
- Preferred candidate will have working knowledge of current technology used in classrooms; to include the use of Smart boards and Eno boards.
- These are entry level, full-time substitute positions.
- Primary work location will be Manson Youth Institution, located in Cheshire, CT. However, candidates must be willing to travel to various Correctional facilities to cover education classes/programs as required to meet facility needs.
- Candidate should be flexible and be able to adapt to a variety of lesson plans.
- Recent College Graduates and qualified candidates with a background in music, arts or other specialized area are encouraged to apply.
- the filling of this position will be in accordance with reemployment, SEBAC, transfer, promotion and merit employment rules. State employees should be aware that your performance appraisals, attendance records and discipline records will be reviewed to ensure that you meet DOC Administrative Directive 2.3.
Interested and qualified candidates who meet the above requirements should submit the requested documents as follows;
- Cover letter,
- Application for Employment (Form CT-HR-12) which is available at http://www.das.state.ct.us/HR/Forms/CT-HR-12_Application.pdf
- State of Connecticut Addendum-Criminal Conviction (Form CT-HR-13) which is available at http://das.ct.gov/HR/Forms/CT-HR-12A_Addendum.pdf
- Copy of college transcripts,
- Copy of current certification,
- Two (2) letters of professional references from current and/or previous supervisors. Current Teachers must submit (2) most recent performance appraisals in lieu of references.
Applications must be postmarked no later than the closing date indicated above. Incomplete application packages will not be considered. Due to the large volume of applications received, we are unable to provide confirmation of receipt or status updates during the recruitment process.
Please mail application packages to:
Department of Correction
Attention: Debbie Sass, HR Associate
24 Wolcott Hill Road
Wethersfield, CT 06109
|Note for Applicants:
||The filling of this position will be in accordance with reemployment, SEBAC, promotion and merit employment rules. State employees should be aware that your performance appraisals, attendance records and discipline records will be reviewed to ensure that you meet DOC Administrative Directive 2.3.|
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Content Last Modified on 11/12/2014 2:23:50 PM