DOB: Landing Page - Foreclosure

Judicial Foreclosure Complaints

Mortgages on Primary Residences in Connecticut - Complaint Notice: 

The Department of Banking (DOB) accepts complaints against any lender or mortgage servicer regarding mortgage modification, risk of delinquency, default and judicial foreclosure of a mortgage on a primary residence in Connecticut.

How do I submit a complaint?

  1. Attempt to resolve the dispute by contacting the mortgage lender or servicer to resolve your dispute if you are behind in your mortgage payments or in foreclosure.  If you have a non-mortgage foreclosure, for example, Condominium Association, Property Tax, or Water Pollution Control Authority (WPCA), visit Non-Mortgage Foreclosure Complaints.
  2. If you cannot resolve the complaint with your mortgage lender or servicer, determine if the entity is licensed by the Department of Banking using NMLS Consumer Access.  Click on the NMLS Consumer Access button. See Instructions for Using NMLS Consumer Access.
  3. If the entity is not licensed by the Department of Banking, the Department pursues complaints against unlicensed companies that are conducting mortgage lender, broker or servicer activities with Connecticut residents. 

     DOB Online Consumer Assistance Form    

Helpful Resources

Reverse Mortgages:
Housing Guides:



Contact the Connecticut Department of Banking Consumer Affairs Unit:

Telephone: Direct (Hartford) 860-240-8170 or Toll-free 1-800-831-7225, ext. 8170
Fax: 860-240-8178

Foreclosure Assistance Hotline:  1-877-472-8313

Rental Security Deposits:  860-240-8154 or toll-free 800-831-7225
Fax: (860) 920-3028