DOB: Consumer Assistance from the Department of Banking

How May We Help You?

If you have a complaint against a company, individual or entity regulated by the Department of Banking, please complete our online form below. 

Please note that the department's ability to take action with respect to a particular complaint is limited to situations where there is an apparent violation of those laws subject to its jurisdiction. In such cases, the department can pursue administrative remedies, injunctive relief through the office of the Attorney General or refer the matter for criminal prosecution.

Please recognize, however, that we are not a court of law.  We cannot compel monies to be refunded, contracts to be canceled or damages to be awarded, nor can we act as your attorney and provide legal advice.  Rescission, restitution and damages may be available through a private lawsuit. Therefore, you may wish to consult an attorney to explore what rights you may have under federal and state law and whether you have a basis for prevailing in private litigation.

All complaints will be handled in the order in which they are received.  In most instances, responses will be issued to consumer complaints within 60 days.

For complaints regarding:  Banks | Collection Agencies | Rental Security Deposits

Consumer Education

File a Complaint Online:
You may use the following online complaint form to automatically submit your complaint to the agency:

Online Customer Assistance Form

Already have a complaint filed with us?  Click here to provide additional information regarding your existing complaint.

File a Complaint in Writing:
If you have attachments to submit to the agency regarding your issue, please use the following fillable complaint form and mail or fax your complaint to the agency at the address below:

Downloadable Consumer Assistance Form (pdf, 196 KB)

Connecticut Department of Banking
Government Relations and Consumer Affairs
260 Constitution Plaza
Hartford, CT 06103-1800

Telephone: (860) 240-8170 or Toll-free: 1-800-831-7225, ext. 8170
Fax:  (860) 240-8178

Foreclosure Assistance Hotline:  1-877-472-8313


Para Hacer su Queja En Español:
Un formulario para ayuda a clientes esta disponible para bajar del internet para ayudarlo a resumir su queja por escrito.  Favor de completar este formulario (o escribanos una carta) y envía por correo al Department of Banking, Government Relations & Consumer Affairs, 260 Constitution Plaza, Hartford, CT 06103-1800. También puede enviar por telefacsímil a la agencia al (860) 240-8167.

El formulario en Espanol (pdf, 125 KB)

Privacy Policy