DOB: Loan Processor/Underwriter Licensing Information

Connecticut Loan Processor/Underwriter License

Essential Statutes
Please reference the relevant Connecticut Statutes (§§ 36a-485 to 36a-498f, inclusive, 36a-534a and 36a-534b), as amended by Sections 29, 30, 38 and 39 of Public Act 15-235

Please note - If you are an officer, partner or member, you will need to be licensed as a mortgage loan originator if you meet the definition of mortgage loan originator set forth in statute.

Other Relevant Information:

If you wish to apply for a Connecticut Loan Processor/Underwriter License you should begin by first reviewing Connecticut’s Jurisdiction-Specific Requirements along with Connecticut's mortgage licensing statutes which provides the current licensing procedures and requirements applicable to mortgage loan processors or underwriters.
All new applications must be submitted to the Department via the National Mortgage Licensing System (“NMLS”).
If your company already has a completed record in the National Mortgage Licensing System, then applying for a license in Connecticut merely involves filing your company's record (Form MU1), control person records (Form MU2), relevant branch records (Form MU3) and relevant Loan Originator records (Form MU4) with Connecticut through the NMLS and mailing in the required jurisdiction-specific requirements to the Department.
Go to the Getting Started page of the NMLS website and follow the steps outlined.
  {NMLS Button}
Any questions relating to the NMLS should be directed to the NMLS Call Center at (855) 665-7123.


Connecticut Department of Banking
Consumer Credit Division
260 Constitution Plaza
Hartford, CT 06103-1800

         Telephone: (860) 240-8200 or toll-free 800-831-7225
         Fax: (860) 240-8215

WHO TO CONTACT - Contact Richard Cortes by phone at 860-240-8138 or send your questions via e-mail to for additional assistance.

Content Last Modified on 2/6/2017 1:58:00 PM