DMV: Replacement of Permanent Disability Parking Permit

Replacement of Permanent Parking Permits for Disabled Individuals



If your permanent parking permit has been lost, stolen, or mutilated you may apply for a replacement permit. 

You must have a valid Connecticut driverís license or identification card to complete the application.


What to do:

  • Submit application to the Department of Motor Vehicles by:
    Department of Motor Vehicles
    Handicapped Unit
    60 State Street
    Wethersfield, CT 06161
NOTE: In lieu of certification, DMV will accept a VA disability certificate for blindness, amputation of legs or arms, or loss of use of legs or arms, traumatic brain injury, paraplegic and hemiplegic disabilities.

Please Note:

  • There is no fee for a replacement permanent disability parking permit.
  • Only one permit will be issued as a replacement per applicant. 
  • If an applicant currently has two permits and one is lost or stolen, the second one will not be replaced.
  • Lifetime Disability Permits will be replaced with a permanent placard with an expiration date.

Content Last Modified on 4/25/2017 11:01:21 AM