Ignition Interlock Device Program
Additional Penalties and Violations
If you commit any of the violations listed below, the duration of your IID requirement will be extended by thirty (30) days for each reported violation. The IID vendor determines violations based on your calibration reports and submits electronic notification to DMV:
1. Failing to appear for IID service within five days of your scheduled service date;
2. Failing a rolling retest;
3. Failing to submit to a rolling retest
4. Failing a startup test with a BAC of 0.05 or higher;
5. Tampering with OR attempting to tamper with the IID;
6. Circumventing OR attempting to circumvent the IID;
7. Operating a vehicle without the required IID;
8. Removing the IID without proof of written authorization from DMV;
9. Requesting or soliciting another person to blow into or otherwise activate the device for the purpose of providing the restricted driver with an operable motor vehicle.
If your vendor reports any violations DMV will mail you a letter notifying you of the extension of your IID requirement. All violations also will be reported to the Court Support Services Division of the Judicial Branch (Probation Department) for individuals on probation supervision.
In addition, all instances of being unable to start your car due to having an alcohol level above the threshold will be reported to the Probation Department.
If your license is suspended for any reason while you are participating in the IID program, you will not be given credit toward completion of the IID requirement during the term of such suspension.